• 29-28 41St Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101
  • 646.434.3040
  • info@paganlopezlaw.com



If you want to work temporarily in the United States as a nonimmigrant under the immigration law of the United States you need a specific visa based on the type of work you are going to perform.

Most temporary worker categories require that your prospective employer or agent file a petition, which must be approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States before you can apply for a worker visa.

The H-1B visa allows professionals in “specialty occupations” make a valuable contribution to the American economy. A maximum of 65,000 visas H-1B type are issued each year.

The H-1B visa is issued for up to three years but can be extended. This visa allows a maximum stay of six years in US. Holders of the H1-B visa can apply for a Green Card (Green Card) if a company sponsors your request.